Our company, Imbibitive Technologies is a specialty sorbent manufacturer. Our flagship product is IMBIBER BEADS® which is the only “oil-sensitive” super-absorbent polymer (SAP) currently available anywhere in the world. The performance of IMBIBER BEADS® products is superior and fundamentally different from all other hydrocarbon-sorbing technologies, in accordance with ASTM Performance Standard definitions.
IMBIBER BEADS® are “engineered” to absorb/imbibe a broad range of organic liquids including gasoline, engine oil, crude oil, diesel, BTEX type solvents and jet fuels to name a few.
IMBIBER BEADS® has been selected as the best technology for spill recovery of the 162 highest volume Hazardous & Noxious Substances (HNS) imported into Japan resulting in a strategic, national deployment at 23 major seaports across the country. This was a 7 year study in which IMBIBER BEADS® we found to be the only truly effective technology at recovering the chemicals from water spills.
- IMBIBER BEADS® completely capture & contain the liquid phase of spill removing the risk of secondary contamination of personnel or environment.
- Captured liquid cannot be re-released by any means once contained including gravity, compression/squeezing or cutting product in half.
- Each IMBIBER BEADS® is capable of absorbing up to 27x’s it’s own volume making it the industry leader in capture quantity.
- IMBIBER BEADS® significantly reduce concentrations of vapour in the air (up to 600%), to below Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) minimizing risk of fire, explosion or inhalation of toxic fumes.
- Completely unaffected by water (hydrophobic) such that water can actually be used as the propellant to dispense the product.
- Compatible with a wide range of hydrocarbons/organic chemicals.
Product Demo Videos:
- 7 Year Hazardous & Noxious Substance Spill Recovery Study
- IMBIBER BEADS® vs. Polypropylene Test
- Crude Oil Absorption Demo
- Gasoline Absorption Demo
- Diesel Fuel Absorption Demo
Oil and gas companies are regularly faced with many industry-specific issues to overcome. Such issues, including exploration and drilling, are often complex and intricate processes with many unique challenges to overcome. Data analytics can play a massive part in streamlining some of the most fundamental operations that are involved in the oil and gas industry.