Our company, Imbibitive Technologies is a specialty sorbent manufacturer. Our flagship product is IMBIBER BEADS® which is the only “oil-sensitive” super-absorbent polymer (SAP) currently available anywhere in the world. The performance of IMBIBER BEADS® products is superior and fundamentally different from all other hydrocarbon-sorbing technologies, in accordance with ASTM Performance Standard definitions.
IMBIBER BEADS® are “engineered” to absorb/imbibe a broad range of organic liquids including gasoline, engine oil, crude oil, diesel, BTEX type solvents and jet fuels to name a few.
IMBIBER BEADS® has been selected as the best technology for spill recovery of the 162 highest volume Hazardous & Noxious Substances (HNS) imported into Japan resulting in a strategic, national deployment at 23 major seaports across the country. This was a 7 year study in which IMBIBER BEADS® we found to be the only truly effective technology at recovering the chemicals from water spills.
- IMBIBER BEADS® completely capture & contain the liquid phase of spill removing the risk of secondary contamination of personnel or environment.
- Captured liquid cannot be re-released by any means once contained including gravity, compression/squeezing or cutting product in half.
- Each IMBIBER BEADS® is capable of absorbing up to 27x’s it’s own volume making it the industry leader in capture quantity.
- IMBIBER BEADS® significantly reduce concentrations of vapour in the air (up to 600%), to below Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) minimizing risk of fire, explosion or inhalation of toxic fumes.
- Completely unaffected by water (hydrophobic) such that water can actually be used as the propellant to dispense the product.
- Compatible with a wide range of hydrocarbons/organic chemicals.
Product Demo Videos:
- 7 Year Hazardous & Noxious Substance Spill Recovery Study
- IMBIBER BEADS® vs. Polypropylene Test
- Crude Oil Absorption Demo
- Gasoline Absorption Demo
- Diesel Fuel Absorption Demo
Oil and gas operations are commonly found in remote locations far from company headquarters. Now, it's possible to monitor pump operations, collate and analyze seismic data, and track employees around the world from almost anywhere. Whether employees are in the office or in the field, the internet and related applications enable a greater multidirectional flow of information – and control – than ever before.