Repsol Discovers Oil Offshore at León

Repsol has made a new oil discovery in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The company made the find about 218 miles from the Louisiana coast in an ultra-deep water well named León, located in the Keathley Canyon 642 block.

The well found about 492 feet of net oil pay within a column of over 1,312 feet. The well was drilled in water just over one mile deep, and reached a total depth of about six miles, making it one of the deepest wells operated by the company.

Repsol has a 60% participation in the license, with Colombia-based Ecopetrol holding the remaining 40%.

3 Ways Technology is Going to Shape the Oil and Gas Industry Free to Download Today

Oil and gas operations are commonly found in remote locations far from company headquarters. Now, it's possible to monitor pump operations, collate and analyze seismic data, and track employees around the world from almost anywhere. Whether employees are in the office or in the field, the internet and related applications enable a greater multidirectional flow of information – and control – than ever before.

Related posts

Subscribe to OILMAN TodayDelivered to your inbox

Subscribe to OILMAN Today, a biweekly newsletter delivered to your inbox covering oil and gas business news, current events and industry information you need to know about.