FOX THERMAL has launched a new product – the Model FT4X Thermal Mass Flow Meter – ideal for serving Oil & Gas and Industrial applications.
The new FOX Model FT4X allows the user to enter a Custom Gas Composition to optimize the flow meters calibration and calculate Density and Gross Heating Value.
The FT4X is a high-end flow meter, and it features
a robust design. The notable new feature of the Model FT4X is the Data Logger. The FT4X Data Logger records flow rate, totals, and other events and alarms. The advanced features of the Model FT4X Data Logger include:
- 40 daily totals
- Settable Contract Time defines Contract Day
- Time/date stamped alarm & event logs; 7 year history
- Power off totalizer; power failure creates event log entry
- View Density and Gross Heating Value of selected gas
The logs in the Model FT4X also display information about the meter’s setting and functionality:
- Gas or gas mix composition
- Flowmeter’s configuration settings
- Calibration Validation historical test data
- Logs of events and alarms
- The FT4X has a long list of other advanced features:
- 2nd generation non- cantilevered DDC-Sensor™ – Advanced Direct Digitally Controlled sensor
- Expanded Gas-SelectX® Menus – 3 onboard gas selection menus
- CAL-V™ – In-situ Calibration Validation
- RS485 Modbus RTU or HART – Communications options
- Standard USB Port – Connect a PC
- FT4X View™ – Software for configuring, graphing, and logs
The 2nd generation DDC-Sensor™ eliminates the sensor element vibration which can lead to metal fatigue and failure. Its unique design
provides a technology platform for calculating accurate gas correlations for the Gas-SelectX® feature.
The FT4X was designed to be used in Oil & Gas
and Industrial applications. It is ideal for monitoring pure gases or even complex flare gas compositions. Gas-SelectX® provides an expanded selection of gases from 3 menus:
- Pure Gas Menu (11 common gases)
- Mixed Gas Menu (11 common gases – mix in 0.1% increments)
- O&G Gas Menu (C1 – C9+, Nitrogen, and CO2 gases – mix in 0.1% increments)
The FT4X’s CAL-V™ feature allows users to confirm that the meter is functioning properly and accurately — with just a simple push of a button.
FT4X View™ software allows easy adjustments to the meter configuration, evaluation of alarm conditions, collection of process data, and measurement viewing from your PC or control station. Moreover, this software can be used to
initiate CAL-V™ — and it automatically logs the results of each CAL-V™ test. If any regulatory submission is required, the software will generate a certificate for easy recordkeeping.
Greg Smith, Sales Support & Customer Service Manager
FOX THERMAL, Inc.
399 Reservation Road, Marina, CA 93933
(831) 384-4300 | www.foxthermal.com
Oil and gas operations are commonly found in remote locations far from company headquarters. Now, it's possible to monitor pump operations, collate and analyze seismic data, and track employees around the world from almost anywhere. Whether employees are in the office or in the field, the internet and related applications enable a greater multidirectional flow of information – and control – than ever before.