ExxonMobil has officially announced the finalists for first-ever 2019 Power Play Awards. The LNG awards program, created to recognize the accomplishments of remarkable women and the men who support and empower them in the LNG industry, is broken down into three individual categories: The Rising Star Award, The Vanguard Award and The Rainmaker Award.
Evaluated by an impartial panel of seven international experts across the LNG Value Chain, four finalists have been selected for each category of the Power Play Awards. These finalists exemplified all of the sought-after characteristics for the awards.
The finalists by category are:
- The Rising Star – presented to an outstanding female professional, age 35 or under
- Jocelyne Machevo, Eni Rovuma Basin
- Loide Chebeia, Anadarko – Mozambique LNG1
- Sarah Soon, BW LNG
- Wu Wei (Lene), Sinopec
- The Vanguard – given to a male or female professional who displays outstanding leadership
- Clair Marceaux, Cameron Parish Port, Harbor and Terminal District
- Julie Mayo, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Evelyn Liang Shangxuan, Guangdong Dapeng LNG Company Limited
- Yangmi Choi, Kogas
- The Rainmaker – awarded to a female professional who has delivered exceptional value and business results
- Maggie Jia, Cheniere Energy
- Phaedra Deckart, AGL Energy Limited
- Sarah Bairstow, Mexico Pacific Limited
- Aezel Shella Vitto, Ferrand Qatar
Now that the independent panel of judges have selected their finalists, the Power Play Awards judges invite the community to cast a vote in each category for their most deserving candidates. The community vote will represent a percentage of the final score. Community voting will begin on August 27 and will come to a close on September 6. To cast your vote, visit https://powerplayawards.awards platform.com/entry/vote/RgeEPOgB.
Presented by ExxonMobil LNG Market Development Inc., the first-ever Power Play Award winners will be announced during the week of the Gastech Exhibition and Conference on September 18, 2019.
For more information on the Power Play Awards, visit https://www.ExxonMobilLNG.com/Power-Play/Power-Play-Awards.