MAHWAH, N.J. — HYTORC, the oldest and most recognized manufacturer of industrial bolting systems in the world, today received a Spotlight on New Technology™ Small Business Award during the 2019 Offshore Technology Conference at NRG Park in Houston.
HYTORC won the award for its LITHIUM SERIES® II Tool, a ground-breaking innovation with TorcSense™ Technology, an all-new method of direct torque measurement and closed loop control to provide more repeatable bolting performance. The tool has a new brushless 36V motor coupled with a more robust gearbox optimized to deliver increased strength and control in heavy industry applications. The User Interface has been redesigned from the ground up to provide intuitive access to all software controlled bolting features through the high resolution display and push button control panel. The LITHIUM SERIES II Tool contains a wide array of data acquisition and advanced bolting features that set the standard for next generation bolting.
This prestigious award is granted by the OTC conference for new innovative technology that makes a major impact on the oil and gas industry. This year’s other notable Spotlight on New Technology™ winners included Baker Hughes, a GE company and the world’s only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions; Schlumberger Limited, the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry; and SIEMENS, a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis.
“HYTORC has a deep history of providing innovative bolting solutions that provide our clients with greater safety, convenience and productivity,” HYTORC President Eric P. Junkers said. “With the launch of the LITHIUM SERIES II Tool, HYTORC continues to set the standard with technology and innovation that provides customers with the most accurate, efficient and safest bolting solutions available.”
The LITHIUM SERIES® II Tool is powered by a 36V lithium ion battery providing the ultimate solution in portability. This tool also provides flexibility to support a variety of configurations including the HYTORC Washer, the safest and most efficient bolting system in the world.
A list of the improvements with greater durability, expanded functionality and intuitive usability:
- TorcSenseÔ Technology to improve bolting control and repeatability.
- Brushless 36V motor than runs quieter and more efficiently
- All-aluminum nickel plated handle and gearbox provides greater corrosion resistance.
- Dual speed gearboxes are 20 percent stronger for greater reliability.
- High resolution display clearly presents all bolting parameters.
- Rear cover shock guard protects the display and buttons.
- Trigger and directional switch designs improve ergonomics and increase reliability.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology allows wireless data transfer and firmware updates.
- Work light illuminates the operation area increasing safety and productivity.
- Snug feature helps bring bolting surfaces into alignment.
- Advanced bolting features include Turn Angle, Torque Check and Rotations.
- Hierarchy of access levels provides greater administrative control over tool functions.
- Available with output up to 5,000 foot-pounds, supporting a wider range of applications.
“These advancements will keep HYTORC ahead of the competition in the portable industrial torque tool space.” said Product Project Manager Kunal Rana, who is managing the product launch. “We are excited to get the tool into the hands of our customers so they can experience this revolutionary new product.”
For more information, visit www.LITHIUMSERIESII.com
HYTORC is the world’s largest and oldest manufacturer of industrial bolting systems. The international company is family-owned and operated, and has been in business since 1968. With a focus on world-class customer service, the company has more than 50 locations in the United States and a comprehensive network of dedicated distributors and service centers worldwide. For more information, visit www.hytorc.com.
Oil and gas operations are commonly found in remote locations far from company headquarters. Now, it's possible to monitor pump operations, collate and analyze seismic data, and track employees around the world from almost anywhere. Whether employees are in the office or in the field, the internet and related applications enable a greater multidirectional flow of information – and control – than ever before.
Subscribe to OILMAN Today, our industry newsletter covering oil and gas business news, events, information and trends shaping the market, delivered to your inbox.